These Christmas sandwich cookies are rich and buttery, and practically melt in your mouth!
- 1 C Soft Butter
- 1/3 C Whipping Cream
- 2 C All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
To prepare cookie dough:
Add butter, cream and flour to a stand mixer and mix with flat beater attachment at slow speed until thoroughly combined. Separate into 3 balls of dough, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
Preheat oven to 375.
- Work with one dough ball at time, leaving the others refrigerated until ready to use.
- Roll the dough ball out on a well-floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch.
- Cut out cookies using a 1 ½ to 2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of granulated sugar, and prick 3-4 times with fork.
- Repeat with other balls of dough.
- Bake each cookie sheet for 10-13 minutes, until edge of cookies are barely turning light brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Allow to completely cool before icing and assembling.
- 1/4 C Soft Butter
- 3/4 C Confectioner Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Food coloring
For frosting: beat butter, confectioner sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in food coloring to reach desired color.