This is a great alternative to the usual Italian-style pasta salad. It’s also easy to customize to your own taste. Try replacing or adding to the ingredients below by substituting corn, kidney beans, red onions, or your own favorite pasta.
- 1 Package Rotini Pasta
- 1 Can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 Red or Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Sour cream and chopped avocado for garnish
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
Prepare pasta as directed. Drain and rinse in cold water until cooled. In a large bowl, add pasta to all salad ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended. Pour over salad and toss until coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to incorporate. Serve with garnish of sour cream and avocado.